Ontario Elementary Grade 3 Native Languages Curriculum
The learning expectations for Grade 3 Native languages program at the elementary level are organized into three strands which correspond to the three main areas of language use: oral communication, reading, and writing.
By the end of Grade 3, students will:
• communicate in simple contexts using basic vocabulary and phrases;
• demonstrate an understanding of spoken language in simple contexts, using both verbal and non-verbal cues;
• demonstrate an understanding of vocabulary and language structures appropriate for this grade;
• read phrases in the writing system used in the program;
• write phrases in the writing system used in the program;
• demonstrate an appreciation and understanding of aspects of the Native culture under study.
This is an excerpt from the original document. Intention is to quickly help you look at the curriculum and find related worksheets. For complete details and to download original document, please visit - http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curriculum/elementary/grades.html