Ontario Elementary Grade 6 Native Languages Curriculum
The learning expectations for Grade 6 Native languages program at the elementary level are organized into three strands which correspond to the three main areas of language use: oral communication, reading, and writing.
By the end of Grade 6, students will:
• communicate in various contexts and for a variety of purposes;
• demonstrate an understanding of simple oral texts, including short stories;
• demonstrate an understanding of vocabulary and language structures appropriate for this grade;
• demonstrate an understanding of elements of grammar appropriate for this grade;
• read a variety of print materials in the writing system used in the program;
• write for a variety of purposes in the writing system used in the program;
• demonstrate knowledge and understanding of aspects of the Native culture under study.
This is an excerpt from the original document. Intention is to quickly help you look at the curriculum and find related worksheets. For complete details and to download original document, please visit - http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curriculum/elementary/grades.html